Offices are noisy. Lots of people, different types of people with varying types of personalities. In the midst of this, how do I retain what is important to me? What are my values? So that at the end of a working day, I can reflect and feel satisfied. To know that in those 8 hours at work, I’ve been true to what I believe in.
I decided to write down the list of things that serve as my creative compass. How I approach anything at work is driven by this set of values – although they are more things I believe in rather than values. Then looking at it, I thought it’s not so different as how I live my daily life.
- Easy is not the goal. Quality is the goal.
- The creative process is complex.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
- Stay curious.
- Never stop learning.
- Have fun. Always.
- Be adventurous.
- Always keep an open mind.
- If I don’t understand something, ask. And keep asking until I get it.
- Be honest. Tell the truth.
I’ll keep adding to this list as the days go by, as the months go by, as the years go by. I want the list to be organic and alive, and be a true reflection of the person I am at that point in time.